Achieving Impact in Research
This unique addition to the Success in Research series addresses the importance of understanding and achieving impact for the purposes of gaining research funding and reporting achieved impact for the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
The book includes contributions from researchers and researcher developers who feel that impact is ill-defined and poorly understood despite its prevalence in policy documents, websites and institutional activities. This succinct and cohesive text draws on the expert contributors' collective research practice, knowledge and experience.
Using a variety of examples, boxed activities and highlighted reflection points, this practical guide covers the following key areas:
- The meaning of impact in relation to research
- How the Impact Agenda fits with attitudes and ethics that motivate research
- The different characterisations of research impact and when impact is apparent
- How impact can be planned into proposals, evaluated and evidenced
- The skills needed to be an impactful researcher
- How impact can be supported through Knowledge Exchange and effective partnerships
This is a must-have guide for anyone seeking to understand and achieve impact in their own research.
- 2014 Pam Denicolo
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.