Managing Front Line Practice in Social Care
Written by key figures in the field of social care training and management this much-needed book provides practice guidance for front line managers in social care. Refocusing attention on the management of practice and accountability within services and to service users, the authors provide a variety of perspectives on how front line managers can support practice. Highlighting important aspects of management, such as promoting knowledge-based practice and continuous professional development through lifelong learning, they discuss major issues such as:
* setting and monitoring new standards and frameworks
* what different communities want from social services
* implications of the gender imbalance in social work management
* bullying and harassment in the work environment
* managing multidisciplinary teams.
Drawing together important research on management practice, this book will ensure front line managers are prepared for shifts in policy, making it an essential resource for managers and policy makers in all areas of social care.
- 2004 Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Book Quality:
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Addition:
- Nonfiction, Social Studies,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.