This is the definitive guide to counselling adolescents. Now in its fourth edition, this bestseller has introduced thousands of trainees and practitioners to the theory, principals, skills and techniques of proactively counselling this client group.
New to the fourth edition:
- A new chapter on the contemporary context of adolescence, exploring the challenges, opportunities and influences facing young people today.
- A new chapter on the use of technology when counselling young people
- Useful links to relevant online resources at the end of each chapter
- Updates to all chapters reflecting more recent understanding, research and literature
- Additional case studies to help trainees apply theory and strategies to practice
A multi-disciplinary book which recognises that a diversity of needs requires a diversity of approaches and skills, it uses case studies and examples to demonstrate this in a variety of settings. It is essential reading for trainees and practitioners in counselling, social work, the allied health professions and education.
- 2016 Kathryn Geldard, David Geldard and Rebecca Yin Foo
- Book Quality:
- SAGE Publications
- Date of Addition:
- Nonfiction, Social Studies,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.