Unleash the power of data by creating interactive, engaging, and compelling visualizations for the web
About This Book
* Get a portable, versatile, and flexible data visualization design approach that will help you navigate the complex path towards success
* Get thorough explanation of the many visual variables and visualization taxonomy to provide you with a menu of creative options
* A comprehensive and contemporary introduction to data-driven visualization design and the most effective approaches to designing impact-maximizing and cognition-amplifying visualizations
Who This Book Is For
This course is for developers who are excited about data and who want to share that excitement with others and it will be handy for the web developers or data scientists who want to create interactive visualizations for the web.
What You Will Learn
* Harness the power of D3 by building interactive and real-time data-driven web visualizations
* Identify the purpose of your visualization and your project's parameters to determine overriding design considerations across your project's execution
* Apply critical thinking to visualization design and get intimate with your dataset to identify its potential visual characteristics
* Explore the various features of HTML5 to design creative visualizations
* Discover what data is available on Stack Overflow, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
* Gain a solid understanding of the common D3 development idioms
* Find out how to write basic D3 code for server using Node.js
Do you want to create more attractive charts? Or do you have huge data sets and need to unearth the key insights in a visual manner? Data visualization is the representation and presentation of data, using proven design techniques to bring alive the patterns, stories, and key insights that are locked away.
This learning path is divided into three modules. The first module will equip you with the key techniques required to overcome contemporary data visualization challenges.
In third module, Learning d3.js Data Visualization, will lead you to D3, which has emerged as one of the leading platforms to develop beautiful, interactive visualizations over the web.
By the end of this course, you will have unlocked the mystery behind successful data visualizations.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
? Data Visualization: a successful design process by Andy Kirk
? Learning d3.js Data Visualization, Second Edition by Ændrew Rininsland and Swizec Teller
Style and approach
This course includes all the resources that will help you jump into creating interactive and engaging visualizations for the web. Through this comprehensive course, you'll learn how to create engaging visualizations for the web to represent your data from start to finish!
- 2016 Packt Publishing
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.