White Space Is Not Your Enemy
Designing a website or brochure without an art background? Then step away from the computer and read this engaging, conversational introduction to visual communications first. Written for the beginner, White Space is Not Your Enemy, Second Edition, is a practical graphic design and layout guide that introduces the concepts and practices necessary for producing effective visual communication across a variety of formats--from web to print.
This beautifully illustrated, full-color book covers all of the basics to help you develop your eye and produce evocative designs that work. Topics include:
* What is design?
* Pre-design research and brainstorming.
* The "works-every-time layout" and "13 layout sins."
* The elements and principles of design.
* Layouts for impact.
* Getting along with type.
* Choosing and using color.
* Working with photos and illustrations.
* Intros to infographics, storyboarding and multimedia components.
* Output for the web and print.
Visit www. whitespacedesignbook. com for additional supporting materials.
- 2013 Taylor & Francis
- Book Quality:
- Elsevier Science & Technology Books
- Date of Addition:
- Art and Architecture, Business and Finance, Computers and Internet, Nonfiction,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.